7 On Your Side
Mrs. Volpe's pasta, gravy and meatballs recipe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mrs. Volpe shared her famous pasta and meatball recipe with 7 On Your Side!
Mrs. Volpe's Homemade Pasta and Meatball Gravy
For the Homemade Pasta:
2 cups Regular Flour
1 cup Semolina Flour
Put in food processor, if it's crinkly add a little more flour, if it's too hard add a drop of water. Just a drop so it forms a nice dough.
Knead a little bit, put it through your Kitchen Aid attachment to flatten or roll and cut into shapes.
To cook the pasta, add to boiling water. It's done in 3 minutes to al dente. Homemade fresh pasta cooks in much less time than boxed pasta. So don't overcook!
For the Homemade Gravy:
Canned Crushed tomatoes, (Tuttorosso or Cento is Mrs. Volpe's favorite brands)
Half of cup red wine
Half of teaspoon of Garlic Powder
Sautee diced onion in Olive Oil, add the Crushed Tomatoes and Sausage and let it cook all together.
Simmer 2-3 hours, stir so it doesn't burn on the bottom every 20 minutes or so. When the oil comes to the top it's done.
For the Meatballs:
A handful of Parmagiano cheese
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1 lb of Ground Beef
Mix together and form balls, sauté a little in oil and add to sauce.
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
7 on your side, nina pineda
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 10 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 18 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos