Return of the Montauk Monster
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- The odd-looking creature known as the Montauk Monster is back.
According to the blog, Montauk-Monster.com, the carcass of the odd-looking creature, washed up a Long Island shore last week.
The Montauk Monster first made headlines last summer, when an unusual looking dead beast was seen on the beach in Ditch Plains, Long Island.
Internet theories ranged from a genetic experiment gone wrong to the Long Island version of the Lochness Monster. Others thought it was more likely the work of a special effects or Photoshop master.
The new photo was taken May 6 in Southold, N.Y. Nicky Papers, a student and founder of the blog, took the photograph after an anonymous couple contacted him. They said they found it while walking.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 22 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion 5 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak 49 min ago
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion 18 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas