Return of the Montauk Monster
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- The odd-looking creature known as the Montauk Monster is back.
According to the blog, Montauk-Monster.com, the carcass of the odd-looking creature, washed up a Long Island shore last week.
The Montauk Monster first made headlines last summer, when an unusual looking dead beast was seen on the beach in Ditch Plains, Long Island.
Internet theories ranged from a genetic experiment gone wrong to the Long Island version of the Lochness Monster. Others thought it was more likely the work of a special effects or Photoshop master.
The new photo was taken May 6 in Southold, N.Y. Nicky Papers, a student and founder of the blog, took the photograph after an anonymous couple contacted him. They said they found it while walking.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 35 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers to strike to demand higher wages 13 min ago
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
40 min ago