Cat falls 26 stories from high rise ledge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's been said that cats have nine lives. Lucky may have used more than one earlier this month.
The cat fell 26 stories out of his owner's apartment window.
"I guess he thought he was safer than he actually was," Keri Hostetler said.
The window in Keri's home office was only open 6 inches, but that was wide enough for Lucky, a curious cat, to squeeze through.
Lucky's terrifying fall and extraordinarily graceful landing were captured on film.
A window washing crew across the street took photos. (CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS)
First of Lucky perched dangerously on the ledge, and then a stomach-turning shot of Lucky midair. Finally, they captured Lucky, after landing, on his feet on a neighbor's balcony 26 stories below.
Amazingly, Lucky escaped with minor injuries.
Three-year old Lucky truly lived up to his name. Now, after a brief hospital stay, he is happy to be home. His owner says she hopes other high-rise cat owners take note....
"No windows ever open, ever again," Hostetler said.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
strange news, jen maxfield
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 4 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 33 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 16 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 36 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 37 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
7 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
16 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
37 min ago