Cat falls 26 stories from high rise ledge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's been said that cats have nine lives. Lucky may have used more than one earlier this month.
The cat fell 26 stories out of his owner's apartment window.
"I guess he thought he was safer than he actually was," Keri Hostetler said.
The window in Keri's home office was only open 6 inches, but that was wide enough for Lucky, a curious cat, to squeeze through.
Lucky's terrifying fall and extraordinarily graceful landing were captured on film.
A window washing crew across the street took photos. (CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS)
First of Lucky perched dangerously on the ledge, and then a stomach-turning shot of Lucky midair. Finally, they captured Lucky, after landing, on his feet on a neighbor's balcony 26 stories below.
Amazingly, Lucky escaped with minor injuries.
Three-year old Lucky truly lived up to his name. Now, after a brief hospital stay, he is happy to be home. His owner says she hopes other high-rise cat owners take note....
"No windows ever open, ever again," Hostetler said.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
strange news, jen maxfield
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos