McDonalds throws 100th birthday party
BRIGHTON, Mich. -- A Michigan woman has celebrated her 100th birthday at the same eatery she's visited regularly for the past 15 years - McDonald's.
Georgia Boynton stopped last week at the restaurant in Brighton for her customary hamburger and coffee. Instead, she got a surprise party with cake and balloons.
Restaurant manager Irene Burelle said that when staffers realized last year that Boynton was 99 they decided to do something special for her next birthday.
They made sure family members would bring her in for her birthday last Wednesday.
Boynton told the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus that she doesn't feel 100 years old. She said her longevity secret is loving her family and being happy.
Brighton is about 35 miles northwest of Detroit.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET || VIDEO: Eyewitness News
VIDEO: ABC News || VIDEO: Offbeat News ||
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 55 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
55 min ago