McDonalds throws 100th birthday party
BRIGHTON, Mich. -- A Michigan woman has celebrated her 100th birthday at the same eatery she's visited regularly for the past 15 years - McDonald's.
Georgia Boynton stopped last week at the restaurant in Brighton for her customary hamburger and coffee. Instead, she got a surprise party with cake and balloons.
Restaurant manager Irene Burelle said that when staffers realized last year that Boynton was 99 they decided to do something special for her next birthday.
They made sure family members would bring her in for her birthday last Wednesday.
Boynton told the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus that she doesn't feel 100 years old. She said her longevity secret is loving her family and being happy.
Brighton is about 35 miles northwest of Detroit.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET || VIDEO: Eyewitness News
VIDEO: ABC News || VIDEO: Offbeat News ||
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 21 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 24 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining 49 min ago
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 44 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
26 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
9 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos