Belly dancing sinks woman's disability claim
NEW YORK -- A New York City woman who was getting $850 a month in alimony because she was supposedly disabled and unable to work had her payments slashed after her ex-husband spotted online photos of her belly dancing.
Brian McGurk went to court after discovering a blog that showed his 43-year-old ex-wife dancing at a gallery.
In other Internet postings, she wrote about dancing vigorously for several hours every day.
Dorothy McGurk told the court that the dancing was physical therapy for injuries she suffered in a car accident in the mid-1990s.
A county judge didn't buy it - and reduced her payments to $400 per month.
The judge also ordered her to pay her ex-husband's legal fees and 60 percent from the sale of their home.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 20 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014