Belly dancing sinks woman's disability claim
NEW YORK -- A New York City woman who was getting $850 a month in alimony because she was supposedly disabled and unable to work had her payments slashed after her ex-husband spotted online photos of her belly dancing.
Brian McGurk went to court after discovering a blog that showed his 43-year-old ex-wife dancing at a gallery.
In other Internet postings, she wrote about dancing vigorously for several hours every day.
Dorothy McGurk told the court that the dancing was physical therapy for injuries she suffered in a car accident in the mid-1990s.
A county judge didn't buy it - and reduced her payments to $400 per month.
The judge also ordered her to pay her ex-husband's legal fees and 60 percent from the sale of their home.
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 8 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 3 min ago