Belly dancing sinks woman's disability claim
NEW YORK -- A New York City woman who was getting $850 a month in alimony because she was supposedly disabled and unable to work had her payments slashed after her ex-husband spotted online photos of her belly dancing.
Brian McGurk went to court after discovering a blog that showed his 43-year-old ex-wife dancing at a gallery.
In other Internet postings, she wrote about dancing vigorously for several hours every day.
Dorothy McGurk told the court that the dancing was physical therapy for injuries she suffered in a car accident in the mid-1990s.
A county judge didn't buy it - and reduced her payments to $400 per month.
The judge also ordered her to pay her ex-husband's legal fees and 60 percent from the sale of their home.
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 44 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East... 34 min ago
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect... 44 min ago
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem 49 min ago
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15... 50 min ago
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion... 50 min ago
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination