Burglar gets stuck in air vent
ROTTERDAM (WABC) -- Things didn't go quite as planned for a burglar who tried to pull off a pizza shop heist.
An alarm sounded at Paesan's Pizza on Guilderland Avenue in Rotterdam in Schenectady County around 1:00 Friday morning.
When police arrived, they heard screams for help, which sounded like they were coming from the roof.
The fire department headed to the scene with a ladder.
Investigating officers found Timothy J. Cipriani, 46, lodged inside a metal rooftop ventilation shaft pleading for help.
Inside the pizza shop, officers found his leg sticking out the shaft opening directly above the deep fryers in the kitchen area.
Cipriani told officers he was attempting to burglarize the pizza shop when he got stuck and now just wanted the police to help him out.
Firefighters had to cut him out of the ventilation system.
Cipriani was taken into custody and immediately treated by medical personnel on scene. Cipriani was released on parole back in January.
He's headed back to jail on burglary and related charges.
burglary, crime, strange news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 39 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 47 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 46 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
51 min ago