Burglar gets stuck in air vent
ROTTERDAM (WABC) -- Things didn't go quite as planned for a burglar who tried to pull off a pizza shop heist.
An alarm sounded at Paesan's Pizza on Guilderland Avenue in Rotterdam in Schenectady County around 1:00 Friday morning.
When police arrived, they heard screams for help, which sounded like they were coming from the roof.
The fire department headed to the scene with a ladder.
Investigating officers found Timothy J. Cipriani, 46, lodged inside a metal rooftop ventilation shaft pleading for help.
Inside the pizza shop, officers found his leg sticking out the shaft opening directly above the deep fryers in the kitchen area.
Cipriani told officers he was attempting to burglarize the pizza shop when he got stuck and now just wanted the police to help him out.
Firefighters had to cut him out of the ventilation system.
Cipriani was taken into custody and immediately treated by medical personnel on scene. Cipriani was released on parole back in January.
He's headed back to jail on burglary and related charges.
burglary, crime, strange news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 25 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 13 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 30 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 38 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos