What jobs are out there?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For those that are unemployed, there are jobs out there, but where are they?
For every job opening in America today, there are at least six people on average who want it.
Economists say the losses have largely stopped.
Although some jobs like those in manufacturing and production may never come back, other careers are about to take off.
According to the bureau of labor statistics there will be tremendous opportunities in the coming years for people who design and manage computer and data systems.
Security is also a growing field.
But the greatest demand by far will be in the healthcare industry. Experts say there will be a large demand for health jobs such as, doctors and dentists to nurses and dental assistants, home health aides, athletic trainers, physical therapists, medical scientists, biochemists and biomedical engineers.
Some of the most successful job seekers are those who've learned to adapt their skills to the emerging economy.
There are jobs are out there. It's just a matter of finding them.
LINK: JOB SEARCH
business, n.j. burkett
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released 16 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 9 min ago
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line 59 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
16 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
1 min ago