Milk made of nuts
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Before Julie Van Ullen married Greg last year, she took being healthy to a new level.
They started making nut milk out of their home and selling it to friends, and then they hit the local flea market.
"We sold out first day. Every day, actually," she said.
OMilk was born right in Brooklyn. While there are plenty of nut milk brands, OMilk doesn't use pastes, powders or stabilizers.
"Ours is almonds water sweetness and salt," Julie said.
OMilk is packed with nutrients, protein and calcium and it's filling.
They long ago outgrew their kitchen, so they'll soon be opening a facility in Williamsburg.
They deliver it and they are now selling in stores Flavors such as almond and cashew, plus seasonal flavors.
You can find almond and cashew milks at Dean & Deluca stores in New York City or contact OMilk for home delivery at www.omilknyc.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, omilk, business, lauren glassberg
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 41 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite 16 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
5 min ago