Milk made of nuts
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Before Julie Van Ullen married Greg last year, she took being healthy to a new level.
They started making nut milk out of their home and selling it to friends, and then they hit the local flea market.
"We sold out first day. Every day, actually," she said.
OMilk was born right in Brooklyn. While there are plenty of nut milk brands, OMilk doesn't use pastes, powders or stabilizers.
"Ours is almonds water sweetness and salt," Julie said.
OMilk is packed with nutrients, protein and calcium and it's filling.
They long ago outgrew their kitchen, so they'll soon be opening a facility in Williamsburg.
They deliver it and they are now selling in stores Flavors such as almond and cashew, plus seasonal flavors.
You can find almond and cashew milks at Dean & Deluca stores in New York City or contact OMilk for home delivery at www.omilknyc.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, omilk, business, lauren glassberg
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 15 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 22 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall