7 tricky job questions
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for a job is stressful and nerve-racking enough as it is, so it's important not to get rattled during the interview.
That's why you should be prepared to answer for tricky question number one -"Why have you been out of work so long?"
Honesty is the best policy, according to Richard Deosingh, a regional manager Robert Half International.
Tricky question number two: "How did you prepare for this interview?"
"Spend time looking at the website, speaking to people you know in the industry," Richard Deosingh, Robert Half International, said.
Questions number three: "How do you manage time for interviews?"
"Always be responsible. Your priority right now, if you are gainfully employed, is that of your current employer," Deosingh said.
While some of these questions may seem a little tricky, many job seekers already know they are coming. Now, it's just a question of whether or not they are prepared to answer them correctly.
"Sometimes when they ask you a simple question, you just freeze up," Anthony Hamlor, an East New York resident, said.
Number four: "What other jobs are you applying for?"
"It's better to just tell people what's going on. I'm putting out resumes all over the place. Hopefully, somebody will get a hit," Hamlor said.
Questions number five and six: "How have you solved a problem at work?" And "How have you messed up at work?"
Deosingh says the key to answering question number five is don't be too cocky. As to number six, give an example of how you have grown professionally.
Question number 7:
"The one I like the most is if you had the chance to create a professional opportunity for yourself, what would that be and tell me why?" Deosingh said.
There's your cheat sheet. Happy job hunting!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
job, job hunting, business, darla miles
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 43 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 37 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 30 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park