7 tricky job questions
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for a job is stressful and nerve-racking enough as it is, so it's important not to get rattled during the interview.
That's why you should be prepared to answer for tricky question number one -"Why have you been out of work so long?"
Honesty is the best policy, according to Richard Deosingh, a regional manager Robert Half International.
Tricky question number two: "How did you prepare for this interview?"
"Spend time looking at the website, speaking to people you know in the industry," Richard Deosingh, Robert Half International, said.
Questions number three: "How do you manage time for interviews?"
"Always be responsible. Your priority right now, if you are gainfully employed, is that of your current employer," Deosingh said.
While some of these questions may seem a little tricky, many job seekers already know they are coming. Now, it's just a question of whether or not they are prepared to answer them correctly.
"Sometimes when they ask you a simple question, you just freeze up," Anthony Hamlor, an East New York resident, said.
Number four: "What other jobs are you applying for?"
"It's better to just tell people what's going on. I'm putting out resumes all over the place. Hopefully, somebody will get a hit," Hamlor said.
Questions number five and six: "How have you solved a problem at work?" And "How have you messed up at work?"
Deosingh says the key to answering question number five is don't be too cocky. As to number six, give an example of how you have grown professionally.
Question number 7:
"The one I like the most is if you had the chance to create a professional opportunity for yourself, what would that be and tell me why?" Deosingh said.
There's your cheat sheet. Happy job hunting!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
job, job hunting, business, darla miles
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 16 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced 22 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile