7 tricky job questions
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for a job is stressful and nerve-racking enough as it is, so it's important not to get rattled during the interview.
That's why you should be prepared to answer for tricky question number one -"Why have you been out of work so long?"
Honesty is the best policy, according to Richard Deosingh, a regional manager Robert Half International.
Tricky question number two: "How did you prepare for this interview?"
"Spend time looking at the website, speaking to people you know in the industry," Richard Deosingh, Robert Half International, said.
Questions number three: "How do you manage time for interviews?"
"Always be responsible. Your priority right now, if you are gainfully employed, is that of your current employer," Deosingh said.
While some of these questions may seem a little tricky, many job seekers already know they are coming. Now, it's just a question of whether or not they are prepared to answer them correctly.
"Sometimes when they ask you a simple question, you just freeze up," Anthony Hamlor, an East New York resident, said.
Number four: "What other jobs are you applying for?"
"It's better to just tell people what's going on. I'm putting out resumes all over the place. Hopefully, somebody will get a hit," Hamlor said.
Questions number five and six: "How have you solved a problem at work?" And "How have you messed up at work?"
Deosingh says the key to answering question number five is don't be too cocky. As to number six, give an example of how you have grown professionally.
Question number 7:
"The one I like the most is if you had the chance to create a professional opportunity for yourself, what would that be and tell me why?" Deosingh said.
There's your cheat sheet. Happy job hunting!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
job, job hunting, business, darla miles
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 46 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 40 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
47 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
32 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos