Job fairs draw thousands in New York City
HARLEM (WABC) -- There is a need for workers. There is a demand for jobs. The two came together in a series of job fairs in New York City.
"My heart is more with social service. Outreach to the homeless. Substance abuse That type of thing," Ken Jackson , one of the people in need of a job, said.
Jackson and hundreds of others turned out for one of those job fairs in Harlem on Thursday. It was one of five job fairs in the boroughs. More than 5,000 jobs are available.
Industries adding some of the most jobs in new york in the last year include accounting, tax prep and payrolls, employment services, management, scientific and tech consulting, home health care and computer systems design to name a few.
Many industries were represented at the job fairs. The Department of Labor's Job Select page lists all of the companies at the fair who are seeking employees right now and coming up. For more information: http://www.labor.ny.gov/jobs/regional.shtm.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, tim fleischer
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos