Census: Male nurses making more than women nurses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a profession dominated by women, nursing.
And while numbers show more men are entering the profession, they are still earning more money than women.
The pay comparison study comes from the census, concluding that male nurses make 16% than women nurses in the same job.
But this is illegal, points out Brian Schaffer, an attorney very successful at suing for unfair pay.
He says go to human resources and ask how much the male nurses are making compared to you, and document that you did.
"There can be no retailiation for raising such questions," said Schaffer.
Schaffer adds there are places where men and women are paid the same. A lot of them are companies run by or owned by women.
We went to talk to the president of National Organization for Women in New York City who points out that male nurses making 16% more than women nurses beats the national average.
For every dollar a man makes, a woman still makes only 77 cents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, michelle charlesworth
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 1 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 12 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 8 min ago