What to do with unwanted gift cards
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Millions of Americans give them as presents, but sometimes they aren't the perfect fit.
So if you get a gift card that you just don't want, what could you do?
There are a crop of websites out there that will let you sell gift cards, trade them or donate them to charity.
Plastic Jungle, Gift Card Rescue and Swap A Gift are among sites that will give you cash for unwanted gift cards, minus a small fee.
You can try Card Hub's free gift card exchange app on Facebook. That lets you create a list of cards you wish you received, and others you're looking to unload.
And if you do plan to use a card, there's good news. Many retailers have eliminated fees and expiration dates ahead of new Federal Reserve guidelines that will take effect in 2010.
saving money, consumer news, sade baderinwa
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 22 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 24 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 5 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 59 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos