What to do with unwanted gift cards
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Millions of Americans give them as presents, but sometimes they aren't the perfect fit.
So if you get a gift card that you just don't want, what could you do?
There are a crop of websites out there that will let you sell gift cards, trade them or donate them to charity.
Plastic Jungle, Gift Card Rescue and Swap A Gift are among sites that will give you cash for unwanted gift cards, minus a small fee.
You can try Card Hub's free gift card exchange app on Facebook. That lets you create a list of cards you wish you received, and others you're looking to unload.
And if you do plan to use a card, there's good news. Many retailers have eliminated fees and expiration dates ahead of new Federal Reserve guidelines that will take effect in 2010.
saving money, consumer news, sade baderinwa
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 14 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 14 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 3 min ago