What to do with unwanted gift cards
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Millions of Americans give them as presents, but sometimes they aren't the perfect fit.
So if you get a gift card that you just don't want, what could you do?
There are a crop of websites out there that will let you sell gift cards, trade them or donate them to charity.
Plastic Jungle, Gift Card Rescue and Swap A Gift are among sites that will give you cash for unwanted gift cards, minus a small fee.
You can try Card Hub's free gift card exchange app on Facebook. That lets you create a list of cards you wish you received, and others you're looking to unload.
And if you do plan to use a card, there's good news. Many retailers have eliminated fees and expiration dates ahead of new Federal Reserve guidelines that will take effect in 2010.
saving money, consumer news, sade baderinwa
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 34 min ago
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade