Turkey donations down ahead of Thanksgiving
NEW YORK (WABC) -- From Connecticut to California, charities report that turkey donations have dropped dramatically this Thanksgiving.
Some blame a rough economy and turkey prices that average twenty percent higher this year.
Those higher prices at the supermarket may be causing fewer people to buy an extra turkey to donate.
If you would like to help an organization in the tri-state area, please try some of the charities listed below:
Food Bank for New York City
Contact David Grossnickle, Director of Food Sourcing, at 212.566.7855 ext 3326.
Long Island Cares
Community FoodBank of New Jersey
Food Bank for Westchester
Westchester Coalition for the Hungry and Homeless
The Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County
turkey, thanksgiving, charity, donation, consumer news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 3 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates 9 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos