Consumer Reports recommends the new iPhone
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Apple iPhone 4S is among the recommended models in Consumer Reports newly updated Ratings of smart phones.
Apple's newest smart phone performed very well in CR tests, and while it closely resembles the iPhone 4 in appearance, it doesn't suffer the reception problem found in its predecessor in special tests in CR labs.
The Apple iPhone 4S also did very well in standard tests of battery life; like the iPhone 4, it scores Very Good overall on that attribute. And the iPhone 4S and new samples of the iPhone 4 have displayed no notable battery problems in additional special tests, even after some owners complained on user forums of short run times with some samples of both phones.
Overall, the new iPhone 4S scores higher in the Ratings than the iPhone 4, thanks to such enhancements as an upgraded camera, a faster "dual-core" processor, and the addition of the intriguing Siri voice-activated feature, which accepts and responds to verbal commands in a conversational manner, using a synthetic-sounding female voice.
For more information, please visit consumerreports.org.
consumer reports, consumer news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 38 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 50 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 56 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen