Used gift cards at a discounted rate
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for deals this holiday? How about buying unused gift cards, the secondary market for these cards is a way to save big.
That means deals, good deals for shoppers and good deals for sellers who get cash for cards they never plan to use.
Online companies are buying up those cards, taking a few dollars and then re-selling them to consumers at a big discount.
This year gift card transactions are expected to hit $100 billion in sales.
saving money, consumer news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act