Used gift cards at a discounted rate
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for deals this holiday? How about buying unused gift cards, the secondary market for these cards is a way to save big.
That means deals, good deals for shoppers and good deals for sellers who get cash for cards they never plan to use.
Online companies are buying up those cards, taking a few dollars and then re-selling them to consumers at a big discount.
This year gift card transactions are expected to hit $100 billion in sales.
saving money, consumer news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013