Used gift cards at a discounted rate
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for deals this holiday? How about buying unused gift cards, the secondary market for these cards is a way to save big.
That means deals, good deals for shoppers and good deals for sellers who get cash for cards they never plan to use.
Online companies are buying up those cards, taking a few dollars and then re-selling them to consumers at a big discount.
This year gift card transactions are expected to hit $100 billion in sales.
saving money, consumer news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Dave Jennings, former Giants punter, dies
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 32 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer 52 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
On The Money Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos