Used gift cards at a discounted rate
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for deals this holiday? How about buying unused gift cards, the secondary market for these cards is a way to save big.
That means deals, good deals for shoppers and good deals for sellers who get cash for cards they never plan to use.
Online companies are buying up those cards, taking a few dollars and then re-selling them to consumers at a big discount.
This year gift card transactions are expected to hit $100 billion in sales.
saving money, consumer news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park