Con Ed warns of email and other scams
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Con Edison is warning its customers and others about several scams reported to the company.
In particular, Con Edison advises people to guard against the following:
Be alert if anyone asks you by telephone to arrange for pre-paid credit cards as payment for your bill, or to send money to an out-of-state address. Con Edison does not authorize these payments. Never arrange payment or divulge account or personal information over the telephone, unless you are certain you are speaking to a Con Edison representative.
Anyone who feels they may have been a target of an imposter or Green Dot scam should call their local police department. They may also call Con Edison.
Con Edison says it is working with authorities to catch those who have been trying to pull the scams.
con ed, scams, consumer news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 57 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
On The Money Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos