Con Ed warns of email and other scams
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Con Edison is warning its customers and others about several scams reported to the company.
In particular, Con Edison advises people to guard against the following:
Be alert if anyone asks you by telephone to arrange for pre-paid credit cards as payment for your bill, or to send money to an out-of-state address. Con Edison does not authorize these payments. Never arrange payment or divulge account or personal information over the telephone, unless you are certain you are speaking to a Con Edison representative.
Anyone who feels they may have been a target of an imposter or Green Dot scam should call their local police department. They may also call Con Edison.
Con Edison says it is working with authorities to catch those who have been trying to pull the scams.
con ed, scams, consumer news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 6 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 15 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 23 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
2 min ago