Consumer Reports puts brand bagels to the taste test
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Consumer Reports is out with its best bagels list, and according to the magazine the big brands are coming close to a New York bagel.
Consumer Reports is located in Yonkers, so they ought to know a thing or two about bagels. According to the magazine, Dunkin' Donuts, Lender's Original, and Costco are the best choices among the major brands. There's still no substitute for a real New York bagel, though.
Thomas' Bagel Thins are a decent option if you're watching your weight, though they taste more like rolls than bagels according to Consumer Reports.
You can read more about the bagel taste test on ConsumerReports.org.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
consumer reports, consumer news, jamie roth
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall