Consumer Reports puts brand bagels to the taste test
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Consumer Reports is out with its best bagels list, and according to the magazine the big brands are coming close to a New York bagel.
Consumer Reports is located in Yonkers, so they ought to know a thing or two about bagels. According to the magazine, Dunkin' Donuts, Lender's Original, and Costco are the best choices among the major brands. There's still no substitute for a real New York bagel, though.
Thomas' Bagel Thins are a decent option if you're watching your weight, though they taste more like rolls than bagels according to Consumer Reports.
You can read more about the bagel taste test on ConsumerReports.org.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
consumer reports, consumer news, jamie roth
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 48 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 17 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 57 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
17 min ago