Barnes & Noble warns customers after fraud
October 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Barnes and Noble says devices customers use to swipe credit cards and debit cards have been tampered with at 63 of its stores, including seven here in the Chicago area.
The New York-based company is warning customers to check for unauthorized transactions and to change their personal identification numbers or pins.
It's not clear how man accounts may have been compromised.
The stores affected in the Chicago area include:
1441 West Webster Avenue Chicago IL 60614
1130 North State Street Chicago IL 60610
5380 Route 14 Crystal Lake IL 60014
20600 North Rand Road Deer Park IL 60010
728 North Waukegan Road Deerfield IL 60015
1630 Sherman Avenue Evanston IL 60201
1468 Springhill Mall Blvd W. Dundee IL 60118
For additional information and updates, visit the Barnes & Noble website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com. Customers may also call 1-888-471-7809.
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 44 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power 19 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 1 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma