Barnes & Noble warns customers after fraud
October 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Barnes and Noble says devices customers use to swipe credit cards and debit cards have been tampered with at 63 of its stores, including seven here in the Chicago area.
The New York-based company is warning customers to check for unauthorized transactions and to change their personal identification numbers or pins.
It's not clear how man accounts may have been compromised.
The stores affected in the Chicago area include:
1441 West Webster Avenue Chicago IL 60614
1130 North State Street Chicago IL 60610
5380 Route 14 Crystal Lake IL 60014
20600 North Rand Road Deer Park IL 60010
728 North Waukegan Road Deerfield IL 60015
1630 Sherman Avenue Evanston IL 60201
1468 Springhill Mall Blvd W. Dundee IL 60118
For additional information and updates, visit the Barnes & Noble website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com. Customers may also call 1-888-471-7809.
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos