Hasbro recalls to Nerf Blasters
WASHINGTON, D.C. (WABC) -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
Name of Products: Nerf" N-Strike Recon Blasters
Units: About 330,000 units
Manufacturer: Hasbro Inc., of Pawtucket, R.I.
Hazard: The blaster's plunger can pull the user's skin during firing of the toy blaster resulting in injury to the face, neck, and/or chest.
Incidents/Injuries: Hasbro and CPSC have received 46 reports of injury to children aged 4 to 12, resulting in bruising, abrasions, pinching/pinch marks, blood blisters and welts.
Description: This recall involves the Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6 Blasters for children age 6 and up. The toy blaster is yellow with a black handle and orange plunger, trigger, and reload clip. The word "NERF" in black lettering is on both sides of the blaster and the word "ARMED" is indented on the orange plunger. "RECON CS-6" is on the gray cocking mechanism. There are five interchangeable parts including the shoulder stock, the flip-up sight, barrel extension, quick re-load clip and dual-mode light beam. Model number 63552 and UPC codes 653569272021 and 653569311218 can be found on the packaging. Only blasters with an exposed orange plunger are included in this recall.
Sold at: Wal-Mart, Target, Toys "R" Us, discount stores and toy stores nationwide from November 2007 through August 2008 for about $20.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled toy blasters away from children and contact Hasbro for a free cylindrical cover to prevent additional injuries.
Consumer Contact: For more information, contact Hasbro toll-free at (800) 245-0910 anytime or visit the firm's Web site at www.hasbro.com/nerf
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 13 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 6 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 32 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 24 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos