Lean Cuisine frozen dinners recalled
UTAH -- Nestle Prepared Foods Company, a Springville, Utah, establishment, is recalling approximately 879,565 pounds of frozen chicken meals that may contain foreign materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Tuesday.
The following products are subject to recall:
Each package also bears the USDA mark of inspection as well as the establishment number "EST P-9018." The frozen chicken meals were produced on Aug. 18, Aug. 21, Aug. 28, Sept. 9, Sept. 19, Sept. 25, Sept. 30, Oct. 6, Oct. 17-18, Oct. 22 and Oct. 27 and were distributed to retail establishments nationwide.
The problem was discovered after the company received consumer complaints and a report of one injury. The company identified the objects as small pieces of hard plastic. FSIS has not received other reports of injury. Anyone concerned about an injury from consumption of the products should consult a medical professional.
Consumers with questions about the recall should contact Nestlé Consumer Services Center at (800) 993-8625.
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
6 min ago
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos