High chairs recalled due to defect
NEW YORK -- Hundreds of thousands of high chairs were recalled Thursday because of a defect that could cause babies and toddlers to fall backwards out of the chair.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission and the EvenFlo company announced the voluntary recall of Envision and Majestic high chairs.
For both models combined, there are more than 300 reports of seatbacks detaching or reclining unexpectedly.
Consumers should stop using the chairs and contact EvenFlo for a free kit to repair screws that can loosen and fall out.
For additional information, contact Evenflo at (800) 233-5921 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's Web site at EvenFlo.com.
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 52 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 28 min ago
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer 14 min ago
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 59 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
52 min ago