Cannondale recalls 1,500 bikes
NEW YORK -- Cannondale Bicycle Corp. said Tuesday it is recalling about 1,500 bicycles because of a faulty part that can cause riders to lose control and crash.
The forks in the recalled bikes can lose alignment and cause the front wheel to turn unexpectedly, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a release. No incidents or injuries have been reported.
The recall involves model year 2008 Cannondale Adventure 2, Adventure 3, Adventure 2 Feminine and Adventure 3 Feminine bicycles. Model names are printed on the bicycle's frame.
The bicycles have a suspension fork with the words "cannondale AT35 adventure trail" printed on them. The forks are from JD Components of Taiwan. Bicycles equipped with the Rock Shox i-ride fork are not included in the recall, according to the press release.
The recalled bikes were sold at Cannondale dealers between February and April and cost between $600 and $800.
Consumers should stop riding the bikes immediately and call their dealer for a free repair, the release said.
For additional information, contact Cannondale at (800) 245-3872 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern standard time Monday through Friday or visit the firm's Web site at www.cannondale.com.
Cannondale, based in Bethel, Conn., makes aluminum bikes, offering about 80 models, according to Capital IQ.
For additional information, contact Cannondale at (800) 245-3872 (BIKEUSA) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm's Web site at http://www.cannondale.com .
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
MORE RECALLS || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 1 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos