Women's robes recalled after 6 deaths
WASHINGTON -- Consumers are being urged to stop wearing a certain type of chenille women's robe made by Blair LLC after reports of six deaths when the robes caught on fire.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Blair LLC on Thursday issued their second recall notice in two months on 162,000 chenille robes, citing a fire hazard.
In most of the reported cases, the victims were women who were cooking when their robe caught on fire.
Acting CPSC Chairman Thomas Moore said consumers should report any incidents or injuries they experience with the robes and other products.
The robes, made in Pakistan, were sold in Blair catalogs, the company Web site, and Blair stores in Pennsylvania and Delaware from January 2003 through March 2009.
ADDITIONAL INFO FROM CPSC:
The Women's Chenille Robes have the following item numbers: 3093111, 3093112, 3093113, 3093114, 3093115, and 3093116. The item number is identified on a label in the garment's neckline. The robe is a one-piece garment made of plush sculpted chenille, a shaped stand collar, and horizontal chenille front and back yolks and cuffs. The robe has a full-button front with seven matching button closures, long sleeves with self cuffs, a straight bottom with self hem, and two sideseam pockets. The robe's sewn in label states: "100% Cotton, RN 81700, Made in Pakistan".
The robes were sold in Blair catalogs and Web site, and Blair stores in Warren, Pa., Grove City, Pa., and Wilmington, Del., from January 2003 through March 2009 from about $20 to $40. CPSC and Blair once again urge consumers to stop wearing the garments immediately and contact Blair LLC for information on returning the robe and to receive a refund or a $50 gift card for Blair merchandise. Contact Blair toll-free at (877) 392-7095 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, visit the firm's Web site at www.blair.com/recall, or contact the firm by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON THE NET:
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
MORE RECALLS || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen