Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Ibotta
June 11, 2013 -- Consumer Reporter Nydia Han found a way you can earn cash back after you buy something!
The process requires about the same time it would take to clip Sunday coupons, but many people think this is a FUN way to earn cash back! Plus, it's easy and you can do it all on the go!
The app is called Ibotta. Here's how it works: Before you go shopping. go to Ibotta. It shows you groceries and other items on a virtual shelf. Underneath each item is how much cash back you can earn and what you have to do to get the cash. You may have to take a poll, answer a trivia question, or post to Facebook.
After you pick your items and do the tasks, actually buy the products at any participating chain grocery store or pharmacy or big box store like Walmart and Target. Then verify your purchase by uploading a photo and voila! Money is deposited into your PayPal account.
Each task will net you anywhere from 25¢ to 75¢ cash back. All those cents can add up to big dollars.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc, nydia han
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 2 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 37 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 44 min ago