Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Real estate guidelines
July 1, 2013 -- Experts say the local real estate market is hot this summer and whether you are buying or selling we have some secrets from realtors to help save you some money and headaches!
* Set a realistic price. Too many people get greedy in a hot market and then act surprised when nobody bites... or buys.
* Experts say a better plan is to underprice your house by about 10%. Buyers will notice the low price and this can eventually spark a bidding war
* If you are engaged in a bidding war, what kind of strategy should you take? Experts say go as high as the absolute maximum price you would ever be willing to pay. Don't bid more than you can afford.
* Give the seller some breathing room. Sometimes it works to offer to close quickly to seal the deal. But often the seller hasn't found a new house yet, and feeling rushed can also be a turnoff.
lifestyle, real estate, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide