Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Real estate guidelines
July 1, 2013 -- Experts say the local real estate market is hot this summer and whether you are buying or selling we have some secrets from realtors to help save you some money and headaches!
* Set a realistic price. Too many people get greedy in a hot market and then act surprised when nobody bites... or buys.
* Experts say a better plan is to underprice your house by about 10%. Buyers will notice the low price and this can eventually spark a bidding war
* If you are engaged in a bidding war, what kind of strategy should you take? Experts say go as high as the absolute maximum price you would ever be willing to pay. Don't bid more than you can afford.
* Give the seller some breathing room. Sometimes it works to offer to close quickly to seal the deal. But often the seller hasn't found a new house yet, and feeling rushed can also be a turnoff.
lifestyle, real estate, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- NY state Senate to call for $540 million for universal pre-K 46 min ago
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting 18 min ago
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in Australia court 27 min ago
- NH woman finds lost cat in pet store 4 years later 3 min ago