Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Dumping your bad habits
July 10, 2013 -- If you want to keep more of your money where it belongs - in your pocket - dumping some bad habits can go a long way.
Be cautious of daily deals
Jumping on daily deal sites and grabbing bargains just because they are there can really put a dent in your finances. Sometimes people buy things on sites like Groupon or Living Social that they don't really need. Try limiting your search to things you are already planning to purchase!
BYOBB - Bring Your own brown bag
If you stop ordering lunch and you bring your own, you can save up to $10 a day. If you do breakfast at home instead of on the go, you can almost double your savings!
Be wary of credit card rewards
Sometimes, the cash-back promise of credit card rewards can cause people to spend more just to get a little cash back. Avoid doing that if at all possible.
Subscription services burn
You may have forgotten about your gym membership, magazines, even video rental services like Netflix - but they didn't forget about you. If they are still charging your account and you don't go - cancel the account!
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos