Saving With 6abc
Sample sale by Philadelphia Fashion Incubator
July 22, 2013 -- We love sample sales, but we almost love them a little more when the items are made here in our area. This Wednesday you can pay wholesale prices on clothes and accessories created right here in Philadelphia.
"This is the shopping event of the year," says Elissa Bloom, the Exec Director of the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator, "and everything is made in Philadelphia."
On Wednesday you can save up to half off the retail prices on 5 lines that are homegrown and handcrafted at the fashion incubator inside Macy's in Center City Philadelphia.
Senpai and Kohai has an architectural, but bohemian feel and features textiles from India, including hand-painted designs.
Devin Pauley also makes each and every one of her Morgia Bridal gowns by hand, and creates all of the intricate, delicate lacework by hand -- from veils to ethereal shrugs and boleros.
"It's for the fashion focused bride. It's easy but I am focused on detailing," says Devin Pauley of Morgia Bridal.
For designer Trisha Williams, a design she created for us here on 6abc a few months ago has actually become her best-seller.
"I call this my skirt shirt - this is my skirt shirt mini," said Williams.
It also comes in a longer maxi version in bright shapes and patterns.
Annina King's Granah tay preT is tailored, sophisticated, fairy-tale-like: "You will be seeing a lot of outerwear like these fallwinter cloak pieces."
The Philadelphia Fashion Incubator sample sale is happening this Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Chez Colette inside the Sofitel on South 17th Street. There's free wine and cheese and you get to meet the designers!
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
56 min ago
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos