Taking a gap year before college
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a growing trend - high school graduates taking what's known as a gap year before starting college.
It is a year to learn some real-life lessons, sometimes in a far-away place. And one university in our area is in the forefront, starting a new gap year program.
Click above to watch education reporter Art McFarland's story.
Click here for more New York and Tri-State News
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos