Hunter College makes list of top schools
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Princeton Review is out with its list of the best value public colleges and one local institution ranks very high.
Hunter College at east 68th and Lexington Avenue is named number two. Suny Binghamton is ranked number six.
The number one ranking goes to the University of Virginia in Charlottsville.
To view the full report, go to www.usatoday.com/news/education/best-value-colleges.htm
or go to www.princetonreview.com/best-value-colleges.aspx .
The Princeton Review selected these institutions as its "Best Value" choices for 2010 based on its surveys of administrators and students at more than 650 public and private colleges and universities. The selection criteria covered more than 30 factors in three areas: academics, costs of attendance, and financial aid, using the most recently reported data from each institution for its 2008-09 academic year.
Said Robert Franek, Princeton Review SVP-Publisher, "We know many families and students have serious concerns about paying for college in these tough economic times. Among the nearly 16,000 respondents to our 2009 'College Hopes and Worries Survey,' of college applicants and parents, 85% said financial aid would be 'very necessary' for them this year. However there are many first-rate institutions offering outstanding academics at a relatively low cost of attendance and/or generous financial aid, including some that may surprise applicants. We're pleased to have again teamed up with USA TODAY to identify and commend the 100 colleges that do just that and do it best in the nation."
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos