LI school makes 'worst performing' list 20th straight year
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- A grim, unbroken streak continues for Roosevelt High School on Long Island.
The school has made the state's annual list of worst performing schools for the 20th year in a row.
The school's new principal tells Newsday that the bad run of luck won't last much longer.
Roosevelt is the only school on Long Island to make the list.
Albany took control of the Roosevelt School District eight years ago, but that hasn't produced much improvement.
long island, education news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall