LI school makes 'worst performing' list 20th straight year
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- A grim, unbroken streak continues for Roosevelt High School on Long Island.
The school has made the state's annual list of worst performing schools for the 20th year in a row.
The school's new principal tells Newsday that the bad run of luck won't last much longer.
Roosevelt is the only school on Long Island to make the list.
Albany took control of the Roosevelt School District eight years ago, but that hasn't produced much improvement.
long island, education news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos