Diocese to close six schools on Long Island
The Diocese of Rockville Centre is closing six Catholic schools on Long Island. (WABC) -- The Diocese of Rockville Centre is closing six Catholic schools on Long Island.
Four schools will close in Nassau County and two in Suffolk County at the end of the school year.
Five other schools have been told they need to improve.
The Diocese will be issuing more details on Wednesday.
1) St. John Baptist De LaSalle Regional School in Farmingdale
2) St. Catherine of Sienna School in Franklin Square
3) St. Ignatius Loyola School in Hicksville
4) Sacred Heart School in North Merrick
5) Prince of Peace Regional School in Sayville
6) Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Lindenhurst
A letter from Bishop Murphy is posted on the Diocese website at www.drvc.org.
long island, nassau county, suffolk county, catholic school, school closing, education news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
39 min ago
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos