Diocese to close six schools on Long Island
The Diocese of Rockville Centre is closing six Catholic schools on Long Island. (WABC) -- The Diocese of Rockville Centre is closing six Catholic schools on Long Island.
Four schools will close in Nassau County and two in Suffolk County at the end of the school year.
Five other schools have been told they need to improve.
The Diocese will be issuing more details on Wednesday.
1) St. John Baptist De LaSalle Regional School in Farmingdale
2) St. Catherine of Sienna School in Franklin Square
3) St. Ignatius Loyola School in Hicksville
4) Sacred Heart School in North Merrick
5) Prince of Peace Regional School in Sayville
6) Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Lindenhurst
A letter from Bishop Murphy is posted on the Diocese website at www.drvc.org.
long island, nassau county, suffolk county, catholic school, school closing, education news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 12 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
21 min ago
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association