Diocese to close six schools on Long Island
The Diocese of Rockville Centre is closing six Catholic schools on Long Island. (WABC) -- The Diocese of Rockville Centre is closing six Catholic schools on Long Island.
Four schools will close in Nassau County and two in Suffolk County at the end of the school year.
Five other schools have been told they need to improve.
The Diocese will be issuing more details on Wednesday.
1) St. John Baptist De LaSalle Regional School in Farmingdale
2) St. Catherine of Sienna School in Franklin Square
3) St. Ignatius Loyola School in Hicksville
4) Sacred Heart School in North Merrick
5) Prince of Peace Regional School in Sayville
6) Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Lindenhurst
A letter from Bishop Murphy is posted on the Diocese website at www.drvc.org.
long island, nassau county, suffolk county, catholic school, school closing, education news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association