Stuyvestant High School cracks top 10 on best schools list
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One of New York City's high schools ranks among the tops in the nation.
Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan ranked number eight on U.S. News and World Report's list of the country's best science and math high schools.
Schools specializing in science, technology, engineering and math, sometimes called STEM schools, are ranked based on how many advanced placement exams their students take and pass in those subjects.
Other New York City schools made the list include Manhattan's High School for Dual Language and Asian Studies (No. 34), Staten Island Technical High School (No. 46), the Bronx High School of Science (No. 112) and Queens High School for the Sciences at York College (No. 139).
High Technology High School in Lincroft, New Jersey, ranked No.1, while Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria, Virginia, came in second.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 26 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat 24 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 17 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Secret Service investigating Target data...
26 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
26 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian...
24 min ago
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos