Judge upholds arbitrator's ruling on teacher contracts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A State Supreme Court judge upheld an arbitrator's ruling that the city violated union contracts by firing teachers in their attempt to turn around 24 failing schools.
The city said they will appeal.
An Education Department spokeswoman said they will have more details on Wednesday on what the ruling means for this coming school year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
education news, art mcfarland
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside! 50 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 9 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association