Judge upholds arbitrator's ruling on teacher contracts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A State Supreme Court judge upheld an arbitrator's ruling that the city violated union contracts by firing teachers in their attempt to turn around 24 failing schools.
The city said they will appeal.
An Education Department spokeswoman said they will have more details on Wednesday on what the ruling means for this coming school year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
education news, art mcfarland
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 7 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 28 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 25 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos