CUNY names school for Colin Powell
NEW YORK -- The City College of New York is renaming one of its divisions after former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
City College announced that the board of trustees for the City University of New York on Monday had approved the college's division of social sciences becoming The Colin L. Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership.
The school is scheduled to be formally inaugurated on May 2, with Powell expected to speak and also receive the CUNY Chancellor's Medal.
Powell graduated from City College in 1958.
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 10 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
23 min ago
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos