CUNY names school for Colin Powell
NEW YORK -- The City College of New York is renaming one of its divisions after former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
City College announced that the board of trustees for the City University of New York on Monday had approved the college's division of social sciences becoming The Colin L. Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership.
The school is scheduled to be formally inaugurated on May 2, with Powell expected to speak and also receive the CUNY Chancellor's Medal.
Powell graduated from City College in 1958.
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday 31 min ago
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 26 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court 31 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 51 min ago
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association