Princeton named best college in America by US News
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- US News & World Report has named Princeton University the best college in the United States, with the University of California-Berkeley the top public school at No. 20 overall.
The magazine's annual list, published Tuesday, said Harvard University was the No. 2 school in the country with Yale University rounding out the top three.
The much-watched list ranks colleges based on selectivity, retention and graduation rates.
Columbia University earned the fourth spot, and Stanford University and the University of Chicago tied for fifth.
A three-way tie for No. 7 gave Duke University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Pennsylvania spots on the list.
California Institute of Technology and Dartmouth College tied for the 10th spot.
princeton university, college, education news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 41 min ago
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 9 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 26 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
5 min ago
- New York City Department of Education
- Independent Schools Admissions Association
- Inside Schools
- After-School Association
- New York State Dept. of Education
- New York Office of Teaching Initiatives
- United Federation of Teachers
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- New Jersey Education Association