'Snakes on a Plane' Phone Messages
August 4, 2006 -- The latest PR gimmick for "Snakes on a Plane" suffered an online crash landing.
The promotion let fans sign up on a website for a pre-recorded call from the film's star, Samuel L. Jackson.
The plan was for users or anyone they signed up to get a personalized taped call from Jackson touting the movie in his own forceful way.
But the movie is so talked about online that when more than 100,000 messages were sent in the first 24 hours, things slithered to a crawl with a different taped message, "try again later."
The site is back up and running, to visit it just click here.
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 29 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 23 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
14 min ago