Danny DeVito Opens New Italian Chop House
MIAMI BEACH, Fla., June 21, 2007 -- It's obvious that Danny DeVito loves to eat. Now he has a restaurant to call his own.
The actor has opened DeVito South Beach, an Italian chop house on trendy Ocean Drive. The signature meal: a $325 trio of steaks from Japan, Australia and the United States that serves three people.
DeVito had a hand in developing the classic-meets-contemporary Italian menu, focused on prime meats and fresh seafood.
"Fish is really big for me - sushi, a nice branzino or spigola (sea bass). Or pasta with some great cheese like pecorino or romano with some prosciutto or salami," he said. "If you haven't noticed, I'm not one to pass up a meal."
The restaurant grew from a conversation between DeVito and the South Florida financier Michael Brauser on the Greek island of Santorini, where the actor was vacationing with his wife, actress Rhea Perlman.
DeVito, 62, is currently in Philadelphia filming the F/X series "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25