'R' rated movies dominate at the box office
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Never have so many comedies that are rated R seemed so popular. Half a dozen of them have grossed a total of more than a billion dollars this summer.
It all began two years ago with the release of "The Hangover," and this summer, part two became that rare sequel which grossed even more than the original hit.
Check out Sandy Kenyon's report on what has become a real trend in Hollywood.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 52 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench 41 min ago
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico 30 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled 20 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food 9 min ago
- House passes far-reaching anti-abortion bill 24 min ago
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake 35 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Box cutter found on Tokyo flight to NYC
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench
- Photos: Most Wanted: Nassau County
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens...
41 min ago