'R' rated movies dominate at the box office
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Never have so many comedies that are rated R seemed so popular. Half a dozen of them have grossed a total of more than a billion dollars this summer.
It all began two years ago with the release of "The Hangover," and this summer, part two became that rare sequel which grossed even more than the original hit.
Check out Sandy Kenyon's report on what has become a real trend in Hollywood.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
entertainment, sandy kenyon
- House fire in New Brunswick 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 31 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Baby it's cold outside! 32 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen