Review: 'Planet of the Apes,' 'The Change-Up'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's "Freaky Friday" at the box office this weekend, with a comedy called "The Change-Up" revisiting a well-known and some would say tired genre.
But Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman do their best to make this movie work.
Also, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is a re-boot of that franchise. After half a dozen movies in the series, the apes take over San Francisco. And critics are showing them a lot of love, which got Sandy Kenyon wondering if those reviewers had seen the same movie as he did.
Check out his reviews of both movies, plus a sleeper pick in "The Whistleblower."
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 47 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 41 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 34 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park