What ruled the box office this summer?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Labor Day weekend will bring to a close a record summer at the box office.
For the first time in Hollywood history, all of the top five movies were sequels. Three of them passed $1 billion in earnings.
Check out Sandy Kenyon's report to see what films ruled the box office this summer.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97