Regis to leave Live on Nov. 18
NEW YORK (WABC) -- We knew he was retiring from the show, and now we know the date. Regis Philbin says he's retiring from 'Live' on November 18th.
He announced his plans to exit the show as Live began its 24th season in national syndication.
Philbin announced last January that he planned to leave the show.
The show will go on with Kelly Ripa, who joined him as co-host a decade ago.
No new co-host has yet been chosen to team up with Ripa.
Philbin has been a TV fixture since the 1950s.
The three-time Emmy Award winner was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences at the Daytime Emmy Awards in 2008.
Live airs weekdays at 9:00 a.m. on Channel 7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
regis philbin, entertainment
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation