Lohan checks into, is released from LA County jail
LOS ANGELES (WABC) -- Lindsay Lohan checked into jail for a 30-day sentence late Sunday night, and she was released less than five hours later hours due to overcrowding.
Lohan reported to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, at 8:48 p.m. to begin serving her sentence. She was released at approximately 1:30 a.m.
The "Mean Girls" star had until Nov. 9 to report for her term, which a judge ordered after finding the 25-year-old violated her probation by being terminated from a community service assignment at a women's shelter.
The judge imposed a complicated sentence, telling Lohan that she will now have to perform all of her community service at the county morgue or risk serving an additional 270 days in jail.
It was Lohan's fifth jail sentence since being arrested twice for drunken driving in 2007.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 5 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 33 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled 39 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
31 min ago