Review: 'Red Tails,' 'Haywire'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two new movies are opening in theaters everywhere this weekend.
"Red Tails" tells the story of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II, while "Haywire" is a new spy thriller.
There's no shortage of action in "haywire," a stylish new film made by Steven Soderbergh.
The director was watching mixed martial arts on TV one night and became intrigued with one female fighter in particular. So he hired Gina Carano and put her opposite the likes of Michael Fassbender.
Entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon says each one has merit. Check out his reviews.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation