Review: '21 Jump Street,' 'Salmon Fishing in Yemen'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two new movies hit theaters this weekend, and entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon says one of them is the best movie so far this year.
One of the biggest stars in the world, Johnny Depp, got his start on a TV show called "21 Jump Street," about cops who go under cover at a high school. Now, a sequel starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is on the big screen.
Depp makes a brief appearance in the new movie and gives his seal of approval to a very funny movie that Sandy didn't expect to enjoy as much as he did.
The other film, Ewan McGregor's "Salmon Fishing in Yemen," might not have a plausible storyline, but it could be one of the year's top films.
Check out Sandy's reviews.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos