Review: '21 Jump Street,' 'Salmon Fishing in Yemen'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two new movies hit theaters this weekend, and entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon says one of them is the best movie so far this year.
One of the biggest stars in the world, Johnny Depp, got his start on a TV show called "21 Jump Street," about cops who go under cover at a high school. Now, a sequel starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is on the big screen.
Depp makes a brief appearance in the new movie and gives his seal of approval to a very funny movie that Sandy didn't expect to enjoy as much as he did.
The other film, Ewan McGregor's "Salmon Fishing in Yemen," might not have a plausible storyline, but it could be one of the year's top films.
Check out Sandy's reviews.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 34 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos