Review: '21 Jump Street,' 'Salmon Fishing in Yemen'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two new movies hit theaters this weekend, and entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon says one of them is the best movie so far this year.
One of the biggest stars in the world, Johnny Depp, got his start on a TV show called "21 Jump Street," about cops who go under cover at a high school. Now, a sequel starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is on the big screen.
Depp makes a brief appearance in the new movie and gives his seal of approval to a very funny movie that Sandy didn't expect to enjoy as much as he did.
The other film, Ewan McGregor's "Salmon Fishing in Yemen," might not have a plausible storyline, but it could be one of the year's top films.
Check out Sandy's reviews.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Missing plane may have turned back 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 49 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
28 min ago