Review: 'Savages,' 'Part of Me'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Opening in theaters this weekend are a new drama from Oliver Stone and a film about the life and career of a pop star.
"Savages" goes inside the world of the Mexican drug cartels, with an A-list cast including Salma Hayek, Benecio Del Toro and John Travolta.
"Part of Me" brings Katy Perry to the big screen.
Sandy Kenyon found both movies to be very entertaining, and you can't go wrong with either one, although they could not be more different.
"Savages" is violent, but a fun way to spend a hot summer afternoon. Meanwhile, Perry financed her documentary herself, but it is much more than just another vanity production.
Check out Sandy's reviews.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos