Review: 'Savages,' 'Part of Me'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Opening in theaters this weekend are a new drama from Oliver Stone and a film about the life and career of a pop star.
"Savages" goes inside the world of the Mexican drug cartels, with an A-list cast including Salma Hayek, Benecio Del Toro and John Travolta.
"Part of Me" brings Katy Perry to the big screen.
Sandy Kenyon found both movies to be very entertaining, and you can't go wrong with either one, although they could not be more different.
"Savages" is violent, but a fun way to spend a hot summer afternoon. Meanwhile, Perry financed her documentary herself, but it is much more than just another vanity production.
Check out Sandy's reviews.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos