Brangelina due to kick off Olympic party season
LONDON (AP) - July 25, 2012 -- The Olympic athletes' parade is two days away, but the celebrity parade has already begun in London.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are among the stars expected at London's Victoria & Albert Museum on Wednesday night for a charity gala honoring boxing great Muhammad Ali.
The 70-year-old boxer is expected to attend the Sports for Peace event, while other rumored guests include David Beckham.
Tickets started at 2,500 pounds ($3,900) and will raise money for the educational Muhammad Ali Center and for research into Parkinson's disease.
British newspapers are reporting that Ali, who has battled the degenerative condition for almost 30 years, will have a role in the Olympics opening ceremony on Friday.
Ali won gold at the 1960 Rome Olympics when he was known as Cassius Clay.
angelina jolie, brad pitt, olympics, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 13 min ago
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos 20 min ago