Review: 'Sparkle,' 'Expendables 2'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are two very different movies for different audiences opening in theaters everywhere this weekend.
"Sparkle" is Whitney Houston's final legacy, while "The Expendables 2" is an action movie with an aging all-star cast.
"Sparkle" stars Jordin Sparks, but it is dedicated in loving memory of Whitney Houston. Her death came a few months after she filmed her supporting role, but the sadness of her passing also gives the project a real poignancy and helps to make the release of an ordinary film an extraordinary event.
Check out entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon's reviews of both films.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one