Review: 'Sparkle,' 'Expendables 2'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are two very different movies for different audiences opening in theaters everywhere this weekend.
"Sparkle" is Whitney Houston's final legacy, while "The Expendables 2" is an action movie with an aging all-star cast.
"Sparkle" stars Jordin Sparks, but it is dedicated in loving memory of Whitney Houston. Her death came a few months after she filmed her supporting role, but the sadness of her passing also gives the project a real poignancy and helps to make the release of an ordinary film an extraordinary event.
Check out entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon's reviews of both films.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 6 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 7 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014