Review: 'Sparkle,' 'Expendables 2'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are two very different movies for different audiences opening in theaters everywhere this weekend.
"Sparkle" is Whitney Houston's final legacy, while "The Expendables 2" is an action movie with an aging all-star cast.
"Sparkle" stars Jordin Sparks, but it is dedicated in loving memory of Whitney Houston. Her death came a few months after she filmed her supporting role, but the sadness of her passing also gives the project a real poignancy and helps to make the release of an ordinary film an extraordinary event.
Check out entertainment reporter Sandy Kenyon's reviews of both films.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 38 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 40 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 21 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos