Madonna fan gets probation for resisting arrest
NEW YORK -- A former firefighter with a crush on Madonna has been sentenced to three years' probation for resisting arrest outside the singer's New York City apartment building.
Robert Linhart was convicted in November after being twice arrested in September 2010.
Police say the then-59-year-old Linhart was nabbed after he parked his SUV outside the Material Girl's former Manhattan apartment and spray-painted love notes on poster boards. He returned a few days later and was arrested again.
His attorney had argued that it was no crime to adore Madonna, the singer of pop hits including "Like a Virgin" who performed at last year's Super Bowl halftime game.
The judge on Wednesday also ordered Linhart to attend anger management sessions.
Attorney Lawrence LaBrew tells the Daily News that Linhart is appealing the conviction.
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos