'Switched at Birth' stars talk season 2 premiere
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Dramatic changes are in store for the Kennish and Vasquez families in the second season premiere of "Switched at Birth" this Monday night.
The first season ended with Angelo (Gilles Marini) winning a huge settlement worth millions against the hospital responsible for the switch of Bay (Vanessa Marano) and Daphne (Katie Leclerc) when they were babies.
The Kennishes received nothing in the settlement.
Marini says there will be a lot of drama around his character and what he decides to do with the money. It was also revealed that his character is expecting a baby with a woman from a past relationship, just as he married Bay's biological mother (Albeit to stay in the country).
Marano says that we will see more of her struggle on whether or not to get back together with Emmitt after he cheated on her last season. There will also be another love triangle between her, Daphne and a mystery man.
The stars say that it's been a challenge to learn ASL (American Sign Language) but they love working with the many deaf actors which make up at least one-third of the cast, and that continues to grow. The one saving grace, their characters are also learning to sign so their progress is true to life.
You can watch the second season premiere Monday, January 7th at 8 p.m. on ABC Family.
For more information please visit: http://beta.abcfamily.go.com/shows/switched-at-birth
Please visit Sandy Kenyon's blog for more entertainment news at wabc.typepad.com/whatsandysays
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation